OCTOBER 28, 2017
We are so excited to start another season of Spirit Celebration events, and that you are a part of our STATE FAIR OF LOUISIANA competition for the 2017/2018 season. Below we have listed instructions that we hope will help to make this a fun and “less stressful” day.
Entry fee into the Louisiana State Fair gets you into the competition
IN ORDER FOR YOUR REGISTRATION TO BE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING THINGS ARE NEEDED at Check in:
- USASF ROSTERS for All Star Cheer/Prep and Dance. An updated roster for each team competing will need to be submitted for EACH competition attended.
- **SC ROSTERS** (Game Rec, Show Teams, Special Needs) are located on our website under the RESOURCE TAB. *Please note: Sc does not offer school divisions at this event.
Please bring to registration the day of the event.
- Balance paid in full prior to the late fee date. If balance is not paid by the late fee date, then a late fee will be administered onto your invoice.
Please bring cash, money order or cashier’s check (Checks will NOT be accepted 10 days prior to the event date) to the event if you currently still have a balance.
- Each team is allowed up to two free coaches. For each additional coach, there will be a $20.00 fee.
- All coaches needing to get into warm up (ALL STAR CHEER/PREP AND DANCE) MUST submit their USASF/NCIS background check to be put in your gym’s file.
Attention Coaches: Your USASF event rosters (for All Star, All Star Prep & Dance) must be submitted at CHECK IN! EVERY COACH GOING TO WARM UP must have a medical release waiver on file before being allowed in warm ups or on the floor. (Once waivers have been turned in at one of our events, you do not need to re-submit)
Per USASF, anyone that will be entering the warm-up room with teams (owners, coaches, team moms, etc.) will be required to have NCSI background check with a “green light” through USASF. Those that receive a “red light” or do not complete a background check will not be allowed into warm-up.
Floor Type: Competition Floors are 42’x 54’ carpeted spring floors
Warm up Floor: Please report and check in with warm ups 30 minutes prior to your scheduled warm up time. PLEASE help us in keeping the competition running smoothly and on TIME. Teams will receive 8 minutes on stunt mat, tumble strip and 42’x 54’ non-spring warm up floor. Music box is provided.
Music: Bring 2 quality recorded CD’s or an MP3 player. You may also bring an iPad or iPod with your music, please note that not all events may have iPad or iPod capabilities. Music systems are different; therefore, coaches are strongly advised to create routines that finish at least 5 seconds before the maximum time limit in order to avoid time limit penalties. If a mistake is made due to Spirit Celebration’s personnel or sound system failure, the team will be allowed to perform again from the point in the routine where the mistake was made.
Scoring Guidelines: One representative will be required to sign a rules/regulations form at registration per gym. Below is the content:
- Cross-over delay of more than 8 minutes will result in a deduction
- Per USASF, anyone that will be entering the warm-up room with teams (owners, coaches, team moms, etc.) will be required to have NCSI background check with a “green light” through USASF. Those that receive a “red light” or do not complete a background check will not be allowed into warm-up.
- Per USASF Sportsmanship policy, any inappropriate behavior can result in a deduction for your team. This includes coaches & parents! (i.e. cussing, not following camera policy, etc)
- After review table notification of score sheets available, you have 15 minutes to PAY for a review.
**LOCATED UNDER THE RESOURCES TAB**
**PLEASE BRING WITH YOU TO CHECK IN AT REGISTRATION**
Photos/Video: Audio-Visual Recording. No cameras larger than a 35mm will be allowed (rule of thumb – if lens is larger than your credit card it will not be allowed in the event). No portion of the event may be recorded in any form, including audio. All images taken during the event must be for personal use only, and any commercial use, distribution or sale is strictly prohibited. The use of professional equipment is strictly prohibited, including cameras with detachable lenses or lenses greater than 35MM, tripods and monopods. Spirit Celebration reserves the right to confiscate any video or photo equipment used in violation of this policy. There are no ticket refunds for violating policy. Any person(s) using or attempting to use any such equipment may be subject to immediate ejection from the venue and may be refused entry to other events sponsored by or affiliated with Spirit Celebration.
*Best Fans in the Stands *Event Participation Gift *WOW Awards *
*Medals for 1st- 3rd *Show teams receive Individual medals *
*Banners to Level Grand Champion & High point winner *
*Special Needs receive Free registration & Individual medals *
More information can be found on the STATE FAIR OF LOUISIANA page on our website – www.spiritcelebration.com